Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Hello

Hello. My name is Lori Smith. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah with my wonderful husband of almost ten years, Ethan, and two adorable children, Maryn and Valin. I have Friedreich's
Ataxia, which is a form of Muscular Dystrophy. I use a power wheelchair full-time so my experiences and tales of motherhood are unique because the mom has a disability. I am hoping that this blog can be a look at my life with all of its challenges and blessings. Maybe you can find some ways that we are similar.
To begin, it might be helpful to introduce my wonderful family. Maryn is our beautiful daughter who is eight years old. Valin is our mischeivous son who is almost six. My husband and I met in high school. He was dating a friend of mine and she let him get away. I liked him and we started dating after graduation. Our romance was like a romance novel,including my waiting for him while he served a mission for the LDS church in Brazil. When he got home, we got married in the Salt Lake Temple. We are members of the LDS church; my faith guides me in everything I do.
Well, I'm hoping that I can post to this blog often. I don't work, just at home with my kids. Please let me know who my readers are. We are more alike than we are different. Maybe you can see some similarities already.

No comments:

Post a Comment